Well today was Day 2 at with a fellow marine wife (shes awesome just like me and the first real friend I made in JVILLE)at the gym. Definitely need a scale to keep track of my weight. Yoga was intense as expected but I have SERIOUS cramping in my feet for as long as I can remember I've been having this problem. According to the yoga instructor its from wearing flip flops and walking around bare foot. I love to be bare foot and I recently stopped wearing flip flops. Anyway she gave me some exercises to try hope it works lately I feel like so much is wrong with me! well moving on after that my friend and I showered at her house and headed to Olive Garden! yum
I had an awesome time with 5 other Marine wives. We spoke about everything from the bad and annoying things about our lifestyle to school and work. We are apart of a facebook non profit organization/sorority USMC Sisters Delta Chapter.
The main group is USMC Sisters and they have chapters all over the place. its a great support system. This group has been the one group that actually interacts with people. Trying to be active and plan events and actually go through with them. Of course there are the few girls that don't show or cancel last minute but we actually had a table of six and we got along which I think was the best part. I would definitely do it again.
Here are the chapters that are established:
* Alpha- 29 Palms
* Bravo- Camp Pendleton
* Charlie- Ohio
* Delta- Jacksonville, North Carolina
* Golf- San Diego/ Miramar
* Hotel - Cherry Point
* Juliet- Michigan
* Kilo- South Carolina
* Lima- Pennsylvania
* Mike- Kings Bay, GA area
* Romeo- Missouri
* Sierra- New York/ New Jersey
* Tango- Los Angeles and Greater LA Areas
* Uniform- North GA
* Whiskey-Okinawa, Japan
* Yankee- Washington, DC
* Zulu- Kaneohe Bay Hawaii O'ahu Island
I hope whoever does take the time to read this and has a facebook and is a Marine wife really takes advantage of the sites.Just add the mother page USMC Sisters and the links to the pages will be there. You can meet others like you and learn so much from each other its WORTH IT. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment